I’ve been cruising for many years. My wife and I have enjoyed the great ports of call including Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, St. Barts, St. Kitts, St Lucia, St. Thomas, San Juan, Nassau, Freeport (blah!) and several others.
As you probably know, I recently spent one week (not comp’d) at the Grand Palladium Resort and Spa at Riviera Maya, just south of Playa Del Carmen.
I can tell you that an all-inclusive resort beats a cruise hands down.
1. Larger rooms than on a cruise! Most inside, ocean view and balcony cabins are smaller than 200 square feet!
2. No nickel and diming at an all-inclusive resort! A day doesn’t go by where you hear about higher gratuities and fewer perks on cruises! $10 for an second entree???? Forget that!!!
3. More spread out! No crowding of buffets, pools or beaches. Lots of beach and pool loungers! Many shaded areas!
4. No kids running wild like on cruise ships. Mom at the spa and dad in the casino while little Tommy spends hours in the Lido deck hot tub with 6 of his friends!!!
5. Fewer kids at an all-inclusive resort than on a cruise.
6. No tipping policy at all-inclusives! On cruises, tips are automatically charged to your shipboard account and the prices go up and up and up!!!
7. Fridge fully stocked with beverages and snacks, refilled daily at an all-inclusive resort!
8. Lots of free specialty restaurants at all-inclusive resorts!!! Huge variety!!!
9. Amazing landscaping. A true Garden of Eden at the Grand Palladium!
10. Lots of high energy entertainment daily at all-inclusive resorts!
I will continue to cruise because I live in Jacksonville, Fl. We have a cruise ship only 15 minutes from my house. In addition, Port Canaveral is a short 2 hour drive and Ft Lauderdale is about 5 hours away.
Cruising continues to be affordable, safe and fun. I will be taking my grandson @TheCruiseKid on many cruises and I know he will have a blast.
I’m beginning to realize that all-inclusive land resorts are a great alternative to cruising and has many more benefits! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in booking a cruise or an all-inclusive resort vacation! Use promo code #BabyReed for a super-secret discount!!!
Check out the pics below and click on this link to a more detailed review of the resort: https://justinpluslauren.com/grand-palladium-riviera-maya-mexico/